Reasons for damage to ladle refractory castable
First, the ladle is used to transport high temperature molten steel.During the transportation process, high temperature molten steel and molten slag around 1680℃ scouring and eroding it, especially in the slag line area, which is an important factor determining the service life of a tank.
Second, LF and other refinery treatments are serious for the destruction of castable.
Third, the lining is subjected to severe temperature changes during tapping and outflow of molten steel, and thereby causes cracking and flaking of the lining material.
Fourth, when the ladle is tapped and loaded into the molten steel in the converter, the high-temperature molten steel has a strong mechanical scouring on the bottom of the ladle, makes the lining material at the part is prone to damage due to thermal shock.
The lining of ladle with the same chemical composition or different varieties of refractory materials has different damage speeds due to their different structures and properties. The ladle can not be operated continuously, resulting in lower lining temperature and even cold ladle, also easy to occur lining structure peeling, reduce the life of ladle.
In addition to the above reasons, there is another reason that cannot be ignored: human reasons:
(1) Improper selection and mismatch of refractory materials.
(2) Improper use of refractory materials, such as masonry methods and baking methods is unreasonable.
(3) The ladle turnover period is too long to cause cold pack.
(4) Improper unpacking, damage to the permanent layer of the ladle.
(5) Failure to take timely repair measures.