ADDRESS： Gaogou Industrial Park, Xinmi City, Henan Province, China.
WHATSAPP：+86 15838093599 TELEPHONE：0371-63135311
Copyright © Jundao (Henan) New Materials Co.,Ltd. All Right Reserved Business license 豫ICP备17037356号
Special New Materials for Converter Oxygen Lance
At present, the converter top-blown oxygen steelmaking technology is widely promoted and applied in most domestic steel mills, and the oxygen blowing at the top accelerates the rhythm of steelmaking. However, in the fast-paced converter smelting process, the phenomenon of oxygen gun sticking steel (sticky slag) often occurs. As the main carrier, the oxygen lance is not only subjected to high temperature heat radiation of 2500 °C during the blowing process, but also to withstand the intense erosion of steel and slag. Due to the limitations of the working surface, as well as the mistakes of the gun handling or other reasons,it is easy stick to steel. These will not only affect the oxygen supply effect in the blowing process, but also shorten the life of the oxygen lance nozzle. When the situation is serious, the slagging is too thick to lift the oxygen lance, so the furnace can only be shut down, which not only reduces the operating rate of the converter, but also causes great losses to production.
Reasons for sticking steel to oxygen lance:
(1) During the blowing process, the slag is not well permeable, and the fluidity is poor, so the molten metal surface cannot be well covered.
(2) The gun position is too low, causing the slag to “dried back”. The metal splash is severe and adheres to the oxygen lance.
(3) The nozzle structure is unreasonable.
(4) The industrial oxygen pressure also has a certain influence on the sticky slag of oxygen lance.
Damage of sticking steel to oxygen lance:
(1) Oxygen gun slag causes local heat dissipation of the gun body, leads to gun burning and high replacement frequency of oxygen gun.
(2) It is very difficult to remove the steel slag mixture stuck on the oxygen lance, increasing the labor intensity of the workers.
(3) When the slag sticking (steel sticking) of the oxygen lance is serious, the gun body will become thicker, which may cause the failure of oxygen gun rising and falling, and affect normal production.
General methods for handling sticking steel to oxygen lance:
(1) When the oxygen gun has a small amount of steel sticks, it is usually smashed with molten slag in the later stage of blowing.
(2) When the sticks of oxygen lance seriously affects the lifting, it needs to be handled manually after stopping blowing. The slag-based stick gun mainly uses a steel pipe to knock the lance to make the slag fall off. Steel-based stick guns, although treated with oxygen, are prone to burn out the oxygen gun. If the "oxygen gun scraper" is used for cleaning, not only the cleaning is not complete, but also it is easily caused the deformation of the gun body.
Characteristics of our company's new materials for converter oxygen lance:
(1) Green, environmental protection, no pollution, does not affect the quality of the steel itself.
(2) Reduce the thickness of the sticky slag, easy to clean, and reduce the labor intensity of workers.
(3) Increased the use rate of the oxygen lance, increased the converter production capacity, and reduced the production cost.
(4) Preventing the molten iron from splashing, causing melt leaking oxygen lance, effectively protecting the smoothness of the lance, thereby enhancing the safety of production.
Special new materials for converter oxygen lances developed by our company meets the European E0 standard. Environmental protection, no pollution and odorless. The promotion and application of this new product guarantees the efficiency of steel smelting and meets the needs of the development of the steel industry.